Thursday, September 09, 2010

First Day of School for P & Z

The first time Zi has ever been on a bus, and I don't have a camera (thank you neighborhood thieves). I did get a couple shots with my cell phone and will upload them to fb soon. Even though they are growing up, and things like this come with the territory, but I can't help to get teary eyed watching them both walk up those bus steps. Amazingly I was awake enough at 6:50 in the morning to comprehend what was going on.

Their day seemed to go well. But, their bus ride, not so good. Their bus driver has been running that route for 6-7 years, and she runs a tight ship. 2nd graders in the back, 1st graders in the middle, and kindergartners in the front. Girls on the left side and boys on the right side. So....my little one's (sometimes affectionately referred to as "thing 1 and thing 2" or "knuckleheads") decide to not only not stay seated, but then Peyton throws an open bag of chips (his) to Zion (to eat, trying to share, for once), who missed catching the open bag, and chips go everywhere. Not a good thing in her bus, a bus that she doesn't allow any eating in. So....when she pulls up to drop them off, I get the report. Zi is already crying, and Peyton is avoiding eye contact. THE FIRST DAY!!! Can a get a break!!!!

So, the punishments commence. Sigh. The next day they apologized as soon as they walked up the bus steps, she gave them both hugs, and so far so good the last 2 days. Thank you LORD!!! Now, if I could just get Peyton's behavior at football practice under control before he gets kicked off the team (a little to aggressive and not listening to the coaches). Sometimes I wonder if I really am teaching them, or if I just imagine that I am teaching them and not really doing it. I mean, if I were really teaching them how to act, manners, behavior, etc, shouldn't they be catching on by now?

No comments: