Monday, November 08, 2010

10-10-10




Our wedding day! October 10, 2010. What a gorgeous day. Everything went perfectly. The weather was warm and sunny, which was good being that the wedding was on the water. Our colors were purple (lots of shades of purple), silver, black and grey. The groomsmen were in black tuxes with silver vests and ties. Matt was so handsome in a black tux with a purple vest and tie. Peyton and Zion were our ring bearers, but they carried the rings down on an LSU football (Matt's college team), and a Saints football (Matt's NFL team). We tied purple ribbon around the footballs and attached the rings to the ribbon. Matt was born and raised in New Orleans, LA. So he is a die hard Saints and LSU fan (not just since the Saints won the Superbowl :)). Peyton and Zion matched Matt with black tuxes with purple vests and ties. They looked like quite the little stud muffins. :) My maid of honor was my sister Emily, and my bridesmaids were dear friends, Stephanie, Jackie, Melissa, and Nicole (also my sister in law). I let my girls pick out their own dresses, any style, length or shade of purple. The array was gorgeous! They all looked so beautiful! My "bubble" girls were my two precious nieces, Lilly and Caroline. I had them come down the aisle blowing bubbles instead of throwing flower petals. They were adorable. They walked down first with Matt as he went to the alter.


Matt and I wrote our own vows to each other, and it turned out so well. I will post our vows as soon as I get a copy of Matt's vows. After the ceremony, we had hors de vours while the pictures were being done (and there were a lot of pictures, I have a large family). After that was a sit down dinner that my Mom and my cousin Sean prepared. It was so good!!!! Then was the toast given by Matt's best man (Justin, childhood friend), and my sister. After that was the first dance (Our love is a song by Switchfoot), the father/daughter dance (Unforgettable by Natalie Cole), grandfather/granddaughter dance (to Somewhere out there, it's been my and my Poppa's song since I was a little girl), and the Mother/son dance (Mamma by Boys II Men). Then Matt and I slipped away for some romantic pictures taken by Melanie Wasko and Amy Bare. Since we were on the water we did a lot of pictures way out on a dock as the sun was setting. I can't wait to see them!!!!


After the pictures we cut the cake, and the grooms cake. The main cake was actually a cupcake tree with 5 different kinds of cupcakes. Me and my sister in law made the cupcakes. We had red velvet with cream cheese icing, peanut butter with peanut butter icing, chocolate with mint icing, strawberry with strawberry icing and banana with caramel icing. We put food coloring in the icings so that we had purple, white, and black icing to go with our colors. I made fleur de lis candies to go on the top of each cupcake for an edible decoration. We did have a small 6 inch cake to put at the top of the cupcake stand (which by the way, when I post pictures, my awesome brother Aaron made the stand!!!!!). We wanted to have a cake to cut in to for pictures. As a surprise for Matt I had a special grooms cake made for him, a replica (smaller in size of course) of the Superdome in LA (where the Saints and LSU play). He was so surprised!!!! The 6 inch cake topper was banana (my favorite) and the grooms cake was strawberry (Matt's favorite). I also had a blast the day before putting together all our flowers. I used flowers in different shades of purple, white and added in some "black" roses (more like a very dark, deep, red, but they added a gorgeous touch). The bouquets for myself and the girls were all roses. I made the corsages and bouts as well. Since it was a sit down dinner, we had centerpieces to do. Over the past few months I had ordered off of ebay about 30 amethyst vases, all sizes, shapes and different shades of purple and amethyst. Each table had about 6 centerpieces on it (10 foot long tables). I loved the variety!!! Each centerpiece was unique from another, no two alike. Of course now I have 30 purple vases that I have no idea what to do with. :)


What an amazing day. I am so happy and so thankful to the Lord for blessing me with the best man in the world. :) It makes me smile to hear people call me "Mrs. Stoltz" now. :)


Pictures to follow!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so happy for you! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous and had 10-10-10 not been such a perfect day for getting married (for tons of other couples, apparently), we would have been there!

Love you bunches... thanks for sharing more details of your wonderful day. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your description of the wedding and the delicious cakes, and the fact that your mom prepared the meal, how wonderful, makes me hate the fact even more that i had to miss it. What a beautiful day on top of a beautiful reason for the great day!
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know more about your special wedding. Love Nanny

Anonymous said...

I love your description of the wedding and the delicious cakes, and the fact that your mom prepared the meal, how wonderful, makes me hate the fact even more that i had to miss it. What a beautiful day on top of a beautiful reason for the great day!
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know more about your special wedding. Love Nanny