Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Vow To Matt (10-10-10)

This is the vow I wrote to say to Matt:

"When we decided to write our own vows to each other, I knew that it would result in a problem for me. When I get flustered or nervous the first two things that go are my memory and my ability to be able to communicate an intelligent thought. Thus leading me to decide, for the sake of embarrassment, that I was going to need a cheat sheet.

We live in a world full of modern conveniences and technological advances like cell phones, texting, email and facebook. With all these advances, there has been a significant decline in couples writing each other love letters, so that’s when I decided that I was going to type my vows as a love letter to you.

My dearest Mattie Matt,

These past 14 months since I met you have sincerely been some of the happiest months of my life. I rarely stop smiling or laughing when I am around you. You have opened up a side of me that I thought had gone away. We joke when we aren’t around each other that we are missing an appendage, but I really don’t feel complete when I am not with you. I have come to depend on you and lean on you for everything. When something good or bad happens I can’t wait to talk to you about it.

I want to thank you for the amazing man that you are. Thank you for loving me, taking care of me, supporting me and always being there. Thank you for loving my sons and taking them on like they were your own. Thank you for the hours you spend helping me and helping them, and sacrificing all “alone” time that you may have had 14 months ago. Thank you for encouraging me when I get frustrated with life and school and parenting. Thank you for always hugging me when I am down and telling me that I am doing a good job.

When I think of you the first word that comes to my mind is selfless. You have literally but yourself aside and put 4 people in front of you and you never once complain. I am absolutely sure that God sent me the most perfect man for me when he sent me you.

I vow to love, honor and cherish you, I vow to be ever faithful. In sickness and in health till death do us part. I vow to support you and encourage you in all your dreams and aspirations.
I love you more than words can clearly express, and I thank you for asking me to be your wife.

Love, Jess "

No comments: